ZIPMENTS DELIVERS HOLIDAY 2014 FOR RETAILERS IN NYC, SF, CHICAGO, AND WASHINGTON DC
NEW YORK CITY—NOVEMBER 4, 2014—Zipments, the delivery-your-way logistics company, today announced that over 250 retailers will be using the Zipments platform to fulfill local delivery orders in NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington DC this holiday season. National brands and boutiques increasingly see customized delivery as a critical competitive differentiator and brand asset and they’re turning to Zipments as their delivery partner of choice. Using the Zipments logistics platform, companies can manage the peak holiday shopping season with greater internal transparency and inventory management, provide customized delivery windows and location options, and can extend their exceptional brand experience to the moment of delivery.
- The National Retail Federation predicted U.S. holiday retail sales will rise 4.1 percent this year to $616.9 billion.
- Programs such as Small Business Saturday have driven high visibility and appreciation for the unique role that small businesses play in local communities. According to NACS, in 2013, consumers who were aware of Small Business Saturday reported spending $5.7 billion with independent merchants on the day, an increase of 3.6% from the previous year.
"Consumers expect significant customization and personalized service in every phase of the retail experience and today's delivery falls short," said Garrick Pohl, CEO and co-founder of Zipments. "By giving retailers a truly customizable and efficient way to get their products to consumers, we bring top line impact to local businesses and give them deeper connections with their consumers."
HOW ZIPMENTS WORKS
Zipments is the first courier network that enables collaboration between couriers and teams of couriers, allowing for the utmost in last mile flexibility and customization. Using the most up-to-date technology for mobile dispatching and routing, Zipments efficiently manages a nimble, mobile workforce with minimal costs and overhead. The result is a national-local delivery infrastructure that promises both precision in delivery and cost-effective last mile solutions.
LOGISTICS AS A BRAND EXPERIENCE
Expanding expectations have transformed every aspect of the consumer experience, from on-demand curated content to pop-up stores designed to fulfill the most unique and transient desires. But one core element of the consumer infrastructure remains lodged in the 20th century. Shipping and delivery today is still characterized by box trucks, brown boxes, missed delivery stickers and packages left on doorsteps. For brands, this means that the carefully crafted brand they've invested so much in dies out before the actual fulfillment of their promise—leaving a crucial gap in the customer experience. Today, logistics is the new frontier of brand management and Zipments brings that opportunity to local retailers and national brands who want to set themselves apart.
DELIVERY SETS SMALL BUSINESSES APART & IMPACTS LOCAL ECONOMIES
Consumers embrace local and artisanal products and profess a strong desire to support local business, but short order and delivery time frames and busy schedules may make consumers default to big box retailers or ecommerce giants purely for their shipping options. And yet, within traditional shipping scenarios, the 'big guys' can often get it wrong. According to Internet Retailer, "In 2013, approximately 32 percent of the 25 largest online retailers in North America failed to deliver part of their Christmas orders on time." With truly customized delivery, local and national brand retailers can better manage and extend inventory among stores and beyond distribution centers, deliver delight to their customers, and reduce overall operations cost. Zipments is changing the way consumers think about small business ecommerce. According to research by comScore, Neustar Localeze, and 15 Miles Agency released in April of 2014, nearly 80 percent of local searches on mobile devices turned into purchases, with nearly 90 percent of those purchases being in a physical store. Efficient local delivery is more than just moving stuff around; it can be the tipping point in helping local businesses prosper.
WHAT RETAILERS SAY ABOUT ZIPMENTS
- "B&H is now offering the Zipments service for customers who want to browse the city and be hands-free, not having to take along their packages everywhere they go," said Eli Daskal, store director, B&H. "This service is being offered in the B&H Store now and will be available on the ecommerce site in the near future."
- "We opened our second NY store a year and a half ago and moved our delivery to Zipments pretty quickly thereafter. Almost immediately, we saw the impact: much more professional couriers, and cheaper cost per delivery for both of our locations," said Chris Ferrara, general manager, Golfsmith. "Our products can be big and bulky, and the ability to offer delivery to wherever our customer needs the product—on the same day—really sets us apart and helps to make a full day of shopping throughout New York City easier for them."
- "As an online personal styling service, the brand of our online experience, stylist personalities, and hand delivery of our offerings is critical to long-term relationships with our consumers," said Monica Phromasavanh, CEO, ModaBox. "We're thrilled to be able to extend our hyper-curated brand to the moment of delivery of our highly personalized outfit options."
- "New York is the only retail location for Nintendo World, and when it comes to New York, tourists are a big part of the business," said Jarita Bridges, Manager of Consumer Experience at Nintendo World. "We use Zipments as a key part of our service offerings for tourists: purchase Nintendo World products, get them sent directly to your hotel, and continue your shopping excursion throughout the City. Zipments is a great addition to the one-of-a-kind experience our customers and visitors can only receive at Nintendo World."
- "Our customer generally shops for himself and is coming into our store as part of a busy day," said Ken Giddon, president, Rothmans. "Offering the ability to deliver same day to a hotel, an office, an apartment, or a club, really sets us apart. And in many cases, it helps us close the sale."
Zipments is the delivery-your-way logistics company. Zipments is the first courier network that enables collaboration between couriers and teams of couriers, allowing for the utmost in last mile flexibility and customization. Using the most up-to-date technology for mobile dispatching and routing, Zipments efficiently manages a nimble, mobile workforce with minimal costs and overhead. The result is a national-local delivery infrastructure that promises both precision in delivery and cost-effective last mile solutions. Zipments investors include FirstMark Capital, Huron River Ventures, Chicago Ventures and The Windquest Group, and the company is headquarted in New York City. www.zipments.com.
Amy Janzen, for Zipments